Friday, September 9, 2011

Discovering Your Momsense

Welcome to Parkway Baptist Church MOPS blog!  We are so excited about this year's MOPS theme: Momsense!  I am sure that just like myself, many of you moms out there, have read parenting articles and books devoted to helping us be better mothers and raise more well behaved children.  Some days with preschoolers can feel like a life-time when little Susie spills milk all down her shirt just before you walk out the door, or little Johnny giggles in the other room where you find him drawing a beautiful picture all over the wall.  Some days I have found myself wondering, "Am I the only one going through this?"


After joining a MOPS group and confiding in other moms I quickly found that I wasn't alone.  There ARE other kids out there that color on walls and refuse to eat their peas no matter how many airplane noises I make!  Whew! Our MOPS meetings give us all a time to visit with other mothers, enjoying a breather from the busyness of motherhood and all that comes with it.  More importantly though, MOPS gives us a time to meet with other mothers and gain spiritual strength from God's word and one another.  Being a mom is the hardest job we will ever have. And from the moment you hold your little one in your arms (and sometimes before then) there are always people ready with advice and words of wisdom on how to care for them.  This year's theme will help us learn to tune into our own God given common sense as mothers, our momsense!


If you are new to MOPS or would like more information, I encourage you to check out the official website by clicking on the link at the top left of this page to find out more information about the organization along with great resources for moms!   For more information on this local MOPS chapter please continue to visit our blog.  We will be posting reminders of upcoming events, highlights from our Friday meetings, along with words of encouragement for all you busy moms!  


I pray that God will guide and comfort you on this journey of motherhood as you seek His wisdom and strength, and I look forward to seeing you at MOPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment